Every business strives for better conversion rates, but even the best plans don’t always find the intended results. Hard work and effort may lead to more traffic, but people aren’t necessarily buying. So where did you go wrong?
To be honest, there isn’t a silver bullet, but there are a few Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) techniques that may boost your conversion rates.
1. Think Mobile First: Optimize your website for a great mobile experience. According to Statista, mobile phone users will surpass the five billion mark by 2019. According to Google, 67% of users are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site, and 61% of people will move onto another site if they do not find what they were looking for right away. Avoid this by optimizing your website for a smooth mobile experience and better conversion rates, and make your landing pages engaging.
2. Optimize your Landing pages: Surprisingly, landing pages that do not ask for age have higher conversion rates. Similarly, having videos on landing pages may increase conversions by about 86%. HubSpot’s research revealed that businesses with 31 to 40 landing pages generated 7 times more leads than businesses with only 1 to 5 landing pages. These tips can increase traffic on your landing pages and you can convert these visitors into leads by placing the right CTAs.
3. Incorporate the Right Call to Action: Having action-oriented copy can cause 93% more people to click. Increase clicks with words like “learn more” or “get your copy now.” In addition, it’s a good idea to place your CTA both near the top and at the bottom of the page. Moreover, decluttering your home page to highlight the CTA and using the first person in your CTA can further increase your conversions. And for customers who are skeptical about your CTA, live chat can be a good option.
4. Use Live Chat: This offers a fast solution to customer problems, helping them to overcome their objections and reach a buying decision quickly. If done correctly, live chat can generate 4-8x more leads. The American Marketing Association found that B2B companies who used live chat see, on an average, 20% more conversions. So, use live chat and don’t forget to optimize your lead capture forms.
5. Optimize lead capture forms: Research from Formstack reveals that reducing the number of form fields to four or less can enhance conversions by up to 160 percent. Expedia increased their yearly revenue by $12 million simply by decreasing form fields. A study revealed that landing pages that asked for age, address and phone number tends to have lower conversions than pages that did not. So, tweak your lead capture form to boost conversions, and if it’s not working, try A/B testing.
6. Implement A/B Testing: The more tests you run, the more signups, registrations, and downloads you’re likely to receive. Studies show that A/B testing creates up to 40% more leads for B2B sites and 25% more leads for commerce sites. Running landing page A/B testing increased the conversion rate by 37% for a company and produced $43,017 in additional sales in the span of just 3 months. Some of significant A/B tests you should perform to increase your conversion rates include testing your subject line, placement of your CTA button, and testing your lead gen form fields. So, run these tests to get more conversions, and remain prepared for remarketing.
7. Go for Remarketing: Generally, 2% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store, implying that 98% need to be retargeted. This offers an opportunity to re-connect with people even after they’ve visited your website. And retargeting can be really effective if you can segment your target audience and customize ads as per their specific needs. So, bring instant traffic, drive sales activity, increase brand awareness, promote registrations and increase your ROI through remarketing.
These are 7 simple CRO hacks to help you increase your conversions manifold. Start with these conversion rate optimization techniques and get going!!